Sunday, November 22, 2009

What happened to Brian Carrick?

Residents' attention to the seven-year-old disappearance and suspected murder of Brian Carrick was attracted again by the death this week of Carrick's mother, Johnsburg resident Terry Carrick, 65.

An August 20th article in the Northwest Herald reported the outcome of a trial in Judge Prather's court and also carried, in the final sentence, information to the reporter from Nichole Owens, chief of the criminal division in the McHenry County State's Attorney's Office, that the trial of Robert Render, was scheduled to start November 2. Render is, according to that article, "accused of concealing Carrick’s homicide."

A search of the Northwest Herald's website today reveals nothing about either the start or the re-scheduling of this trial. Trials are frequently, unfortunately, not held when scheduled.

Does anyone know when Render's trial will begin?

2 comments:

Richard W Gorski, M.D. said...

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Carrick family on this second tragic loss in their family. You are all in my prayers.

Another Lawyer said...

I join the Dr. in his comment. This case is mysterious and it saddens me every time I think about it. I know the Carrick family, and I hope someday they will find Brian or discover what happened.