Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mr. President, stop lowering the U.S. Flag!

Every time I see the United States Flag lowered because of an act of terrorism or senseless killing(s), I feel outraged.

I mean no disrespect to those who died, whether it was in New York on 9/11 or in Boston yesterday or in Newtown or Aurora.

The Flag of the United States should fly high as a statement that no terrorist or individual has the power to lower the Flag of our nation. I believe that it should fly high - all the time.


3 comments:

Clem Kadiddlehopper said...

While lowering the flag is a sign of mourning, I essentially agree. Especially at time like these when a sign of defiance is what is required.

The reason why Obama always makes these useless gestures is because, at heart, he's a surrender monkey.

Like Benghazi, he promised the perps would be "brought to justice." We're still waiting....

Big Daddy said...

I kind of agree. I thnk the flag should be lowered but only for those that give up their lives while in the process of saving others. While I certainly feel the pain of those that lost children at Sandy Hook or Boston, I don't think that simply being somewhere when something bad happens and you are a victim should cause the flag to e lowered. It's what you did at a tragedy helping others that should lower the flag.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Buster. Tho I expect when I "leave the planet", the Miller-Coors Brewing Co flag will be at half-staff. Doh!