Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Seipler response to jailers

The following message was received from Zane Seipler, Republican candidate for Sheriff of McHenry County, Ill., in the February 2, 2010 Primary Election, with a request that I publish it.

I too receive messages, mail, faxes and email from deputies and jailers of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department. Some of them are signed; some are not. I am careful how I use the information, because they provide it at great risk to their employment.

Here is Zane's message:

"Over the last couple of weeks I have received numerous letters from anonymous deputies and correctional officers. They are “unhappy” to say the least. I wanted to publically respond to one set of letters so the author knows I received them.
For the “Unhappy Correctional Officers”:

"I have received your letters. I am aware of the four correctional sergeants that were suspended for falsifying training records. I am aware that the falsified training records jeopardized the Immigration Custom Enforcement (ICE) contract and the certification known as CALEA. I am also aware that none of the supervisors involved were demoted. I mention this because every letter I receive always mentions these facts. I know the work environment at MCSD is not fair. When I am elected Sheriff, it will be.

"The next bit of information that I receive on a regular basis is the Chief Sedlock/Sergeant Jones-Sedlock promotion, warrants supervisor, position. I am well aware of this situation. Concerning this matter I have some advice. File a complaint with the EEOC. The EEOC can issue what is called a “Right to Sue” letter. (I received my “Right to Sue” letter several months ago.) Once you have that letter, lawyers will be calling asking if they can represent you. If you want to consult a lawyer first, I would recommend reaching out to Blake Horwitz, (312) 676-2100. When I am elected Sheriff promotional techniques such as this will be a thing of the past.

"I am looking into the other interesting topics you have brought to my attention. Look for additions to my campaign website addressing those issues.

"All the information I receive is valuable. Contacting me even though you have been ordered not to, takes courage. It takes heart. I’m proud that there are people like you wearing the badge. Change is coming, one way or another.

"Zane Seipler- Republican Candidate for Sheriff
P.S. If you want things to change for the better, sooner rather than later, remember;
Zane for Sheriff
Vote February 2nd, 2010"

4 comments:

Curiousone said...

You do have to admit a guy who admitted to signing falsified tickets running for office by vowing to clean up others being caught falsifying documents is quite funny.

Gus said...

Well, I'll tell ya... if all the cops in McHenry County (deputies and cops) got together and wrote a book about all the things they've done wrong, people would bar their doors or run for the hills.

And if the lawyers and judges and politicians added chapters to it, it would hit Number 1 on the New York Times best-seller list.

Cops aren't perfect. Bloggers aren't, either.

Notawannabee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Curious1, you never mention Nygren and his wife falsifying tax and mortgage documents. What about Nygren getting 145,000 per year and then going to FL 12 out of 17 months. That's the honest guy I want for a sheriff.
Wannabee, Zane gave two teens a break, admittted he was wrong , and will take his three day suspension. If Nygren had any case for charges he would have done so already. It would be more bogus charges like the Pavlin case that you and your buddies did and Nygren tries to cover up. You are Nygren's little pawn and some day one of your "arrests" is going to land you in jail (next to the Walrus).