Saturday, September 6, 2014

Watch your words at the library!

I was at the library last Wednesday to pick up a book I had reserved - James Patterson's new Invisible (published June 2014). I had requested it online, and the library had notified me it was available.

As I stood at the desk, a woman approached me and asked, "Did you figure it out?"

I responded with, "What?"

She asked again, "Did you figure it out?"

I: "Well, not really."

She said, "The _________ did it."

Then she observed my expression more closely and asked, "Oh, haven't you read it yet?"

I was standing in the check-out line, not the return line!

She apologized profusely and I, as kindly as possible, told her not to worry and that I'd just forget she told me that. I finished all 399 pages last night. She was right. (I won't spoil the ending.)

No comments: