Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Eldest Bentley son in attack mode

Beth Bentley, 41 at the time she went missing in May 2010, has three sons. The eldest, Jeremy Velmont, seems to dislike inquiry into his mother's being missing for more than 18 months, and there is a post under his name on a Facebook page titled "Missing Beth Bentley" with the following words.

Of course, he could come right to the Woodstock Advocate and post here, but he chooses to post where others read it and forward some of his messages to me. I don't waste any time on that Facebook page. Here's his latest:

"Jeremy Velmont
Guess the message wasnt recieved because yet again, the ignorant are questioning me. I gave the PI every detail possible and yes Gus, that means everything because I am her son and I know and saw everything first hand. I will not list every detail of this info because it does not need to be publically shared. And again, yes Gus he talked to people of relevance, which are no importance to you. When you are shown up and made to look like a moron, just accept which you are instead of asking more meaningless questions. "

1. To what message is he referring?
2. Who does he mean by "the ignorant"?
3. Who is questioning him?
4  He gave the P.I. "every possible detail"? 
a. Did he tell the P.I. why his mother's car was parked in Jenn's garage?
b. Did he tell the P.I. how many miles were put on the rental car and the route to Mt. Vernon and back, if the rental car was even driven to southern Illinois?
c. Did he tell the P.I. if he slept in his mother's office on any nights after she disappeared?
d. Did he tell the P.I. about any times when Jenn was Beth's alibi?
e. Did he identify anyone (everyone?) who might have wanted Beth to disappear?

While he may have informed the P.I. (who was the mystery P.I.?) of that about which he actually knew, how could he inform the P.I. about everything else - those things he did not know "everything" (or, perhaps, anything) about?

Others and I are trying to uncover any information that will lead to finding Beth, if she is alive, and finding out what happened to her, if she is not. Maybe that's a team he might think about joining, not fighting.

It's never too late to start from scratch and create a written flowchart/time-line of Beth's movements and the movements of everyone in her circle of acquaintances, co-workers, family and friends. It's never too late; it just gets harder, the longer the delay.

3 comments:

FatParalegal said...

I don't understand why Jeremy would be upset that you are trying to find out what happened to his mother.

Gus said...

I think there are many possible reasons for his defensiveness.

* Youth
* Influence of others with a hidden agenda
* Fear of disclosure of some personal failing
* Unwillingness to acknowledge and disclose unfavorable family history or current affairs

Debra said...

My heart goes out to this young man and his siblings. The fact that they are without their Mom under these circumstances is terrible, especially at this time of year. I still have her poster up on the wall of my office and there it will stay until the time that we all know what happened to her. Keep digging Gus. I hope the truth comes out soon.