Thursday, September 30, 2010

Right-to-Carry meeting - Tonight!

Tonight (Thursday, Sept. 30). 7:00PM. Lakemoor Banquet Hall, 28874 Route 120. This is the place to be, if you have any interest in the right to carry a concealed weapon in Illinois and want to know where the candidates for election to the Office of McHenry County Sheriff stand.

Bring your tough questions. Don't wimp out. Ask the candidates exactly what you want to know.

Why should you be interested? You might not want to carry, but you might find yourself in a predicament where you wished somebody nearby was carrying. And I don't mean a fingernail file (touted by the Illinois State Police as the weapon of choice for self-defense) or an Order of Protection to wave in the face of someone about to harm or kill you.

If someone broke into your home right now, what would you do? Keep in mind. "When seconds count, the police are minutes away." In the case of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department, they might be 10-15-30 minutes away.

I needed them one night and called as I left home in Woodstock for Wonder Lake. I drove 11 miles at the speed limit and arrived five minutes before the deputies did.

For information, contact www.mcr2ca.com

By the way, I responded immediately to the Association that I would be present and would speak as a candidate for Sheriff. For some reason, my name was omitted from the list on the Association's website. I'll be there.

4 comments:

yagottabekidding said...

Do you really think a bunch of politicians are going to tell a special interest group anything other than exactly what the group wants to hear? If someone broke into my home I would be ready since I can carry concealed or openly in my own home legally.

Gus said...

As I can, too, and do.

I know that I intend to say exactly what is true for me, regardless of the audience. I suspect they will like all of it and, if I'm elected, my tune will not change.

Gus said...

Maybe Keith Nygren will answer these questions, if he is there tonight:

1. Did you return the survey on concealed carry that was circulated to members of the Illinois Sheriffs' Assn.?
2. Did you attend the Winter 2009 conference of the Illinois Sheriffs' Assn.?
3. Were you present when the Resolution was discussed and voted on by the membership?
4. Did you vote on the Resolution?
5. Did you vote in favor of the Resolution?

Dave Labuz said...

Keith obviously just dropped by as an afterthought only.