Thursday, September 9, 2010

Deputies and COs - please read

This is an invitation to deputies, corrections officers and staff of the McHenry County Sheriff's Department to tell me what's wrong there. What's broken? What needs to be fixed?

Tell me now what the big issues are.

Many of them I already know, thanks for communications from some of your co-workers. But I'd like to know more. Concrete examples will help.

I understand you may be reluctant to speak out. I invite you to do so anonymously, if you are concerned about retaliation or retribution.

Is it worth $0.44 to you to be heard?

Send your information in an envelope (omit your return address, if you wish) to:

Gus Philpott
500 Lake Avenue - 1
Woodstock, IL 60098

Or fax it to 815.338.2666 You might want to change the ID header on your fax machine; if you forget or if you don't, I shall cut off any identifying name and phone number, so that your message cannot be traced.

Or email it to gus@woodstockadvocate.com from a "blind" email address. Even if you send it from your own email account, no reference will ever be made to your name or email address.

Your co-workers have been contacting me for four years, and you know their identities have been kept safe. One of the first contacts was from a deputy who told me about the $100 Bounty on me that had been offered. No kidding! The person who offered it is no longer with MCSD.

2 comments:

hugemistake said...

Those that modify the identifying header on their fax machine will be in violation of 47 U.S.C. § 227(d)(1)(B).

Gus will be obligated to turn you in, as his deference to the law is unwavering. Bah humbug.

Gus said...

I believe you are only partially correct. They can modify the ID header; i.e., they can "change" the header, as I suggested.

The header should not be completely removed, because that then would be the violation that you mention.

Thanks for reading and for calling attention to the U.S.C. section that provides direction about fax machine headers.