Monday, January 6, 2014

Call in your ComEd meter reading

ComEd says it's for safety reasons, but what a cost-cutting move!!!

A robocall today from ComEd asked me to provide my meter reading to them, but they didn't offer me any incentive. If they could lay off all their meter readers, shouldn't that be worth something off my bill?

There are three ways you can help out ol' ComEd:

Go to www.ComEd.com. Log into your account (or create one). You'll need your ComEd account number to create a new online customer account.
Hover over My Usage
Click on Report Meter Reading
Then enter your meter reading (follow the instructions on reading the meter)

or

Take a photo of your meter and email it with your account number to MeterReadingSubmission@comed.com

or

Call 800.334.7661 and follow the voice prompts.

or

Wait for your bill to come with an estimated reading of your meter. I guess you could always estimate it yourself and just send some money in.

No comments: