Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Kelly VanReeth (1969-2013)

I was saddened to read on Monday morning of the passing on May 3 of Kelly VanReeth,44, of Woodstock.

I didn't know Kelly well. We had met at a small-business group of the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce and had a few conversations about that group and also about BNI.

Kelly was a calm woman and a professional. I hadn't known her when I worked at the Sears headquarters (1997-2002), but I sensed we were on the same wave-length in our business ideas.

Kelly will be missed around Woodstock. Kelly surely made an impact on me, and I'll remember her smile and her interest in coaching. I extend my condolences to Kelly's family.

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Gus, what dept did you work in at Sears? Ialso worked at Sears at Homan Ave many years ago. Dept. 180 and 5650 iirc.

Gus said...

Big Daddy, I worked in several. Was lucky to get to float. Event Marketing; HR - Full-line stores; HR - corporate; sears.com; National Customer Relations. Met lots of nice people, including on B-6 at Hoffman. Left in Oct. 2002, before Kmart bought Sears.

Anonymous said...

Nice write up Gus... very thoughtful.