Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Despair.com - a great website

One of my favorite websites is www.despair.com

If you are not familiar with it, be sure to drop by. The site offers (un)motivational posters that are so funny (if you have a sense of humor).

Several years ago I bought a Pessimist's coffee mug. Etched in one side is "this glass is now half empty". I laugh every time I drink from it.

And before that a group of us bought a cap for the head of a department at Sears. On the cap was embroidered "Another Dissatisfied Customer". The promotion of the cap was something like "Imagine the great customer service you'll get, when you step up to the counter wearing this."

I must have clicked on the wrong box on the online order form, because I didn't receive the cap I intended to order. So I called Customer Service and told them that I had received the wrong cap and was dissatisfied and, therefore, had become a totally satisfied customer because of the mistake (which was mine, of course). The customer service rep had a great sense of humor (which, I suspect, is a job requirement) and "got" it.

Check out the About page. Be sure to read about E.L. Kersten, Ph.D. This is what it says about him on the website:

"Dr. Kersten is COO and a co-founder of Despair. He has a Ph.D in Management Communications- and no, it’s not the mail order kind that ‘Dr.’ John Gray has. We do not recommend arguing about Management Theory with him. Seriously, just don’t."

Check out other employees' descriptions. What if every employer had a sense of humor?

No comments: