Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Grace Hall bricks


There is no count of the number of bricks picked up today at the demolition site of Grace Hall in Woodstock. This sign was tied to the fence around the construction site, and a flat wheelbarrow was standing on the grass near it.

At the time I arrived, the wheelbarrow was empty and a worker said he thought it had been filled three times.

To me, a brick is a brick, but others recognized which were the exterior red bricks - the important ones.
I collected two bricks for friends traveling to Woodstock from out-of-state. Since they arrived in time to collect their own bricks, I would be happy to give these two bricks to anyone who would like them. Just let me know.

1 comment:

Debra said...

What a slap in the face. If this is such a piece of history why in the world tear it down. Shame to you Heathstone!! I hope that not one person commits themselves to your new facility.