Sunday, March 22, 2009

35-40MPH through red light!


It has been a long time since I have seen a driver intentionally run a red light at 35-40MPH, but now I can't say that. Now it has only been since 6:40PM. For a good look at the plate (CLOSER 5), click on the photo, then click on the Back button on your browser to come back here.

I was on my way to Memorial Medical Center to visit a patient, and traffic was slowing on eastbound U.S. 14 for a red light at the intersection by Culver's. Both lanes were stopped, and I watched a grey car coming up fast behind us. At first, I thought the driver might run through the left-turn lane, blow the red and continue on east. But that was not to be.

The driver cruised up the left-turn lane, which had no other cars in it, and blew the red left-turn light to turn left for Culver's. Gutsy, eh? What with the Woodstock PD traffic initiative this month, that should have been an easy pinch, had there been a Woodstock officer in the neighborhood.

I was able to turn onto the south frontage road, turn around, wait for a green to cross US 14 and pull into Culver's for this photo. Then I backed in across from this car to wait for the driver to come out, so that I could include her photo, too. The personalized license plate on the grey Mercedes-Benz S500 4-door sedan was "CLOSER 5". When time passed and she didn't come out of Culver's, I left and continued toward the hospital. As I drove on east on US 14, I saw her come out of Culver's with her to-go order. I "shoulda" waited.

She was definitely a woman in a hurry. If you see her coming up behind you, brace yourself! Or duck for cover, if she blows around you and runs another light. She is definitely going to wreck that Mercedes one day soon.

I say again, "People with personalized plates shouldn't drive like that!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...ok from the vanity plate...looks like she's a relator...and since the housing market has slowed down that explains why someone driving a Mercedes is eating Culver's..granted better than McDonalds...but still junk food.