Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Zig Ziglar leaves the earth today

Zig Ziglar died in Plano, Texas, today at age 86.

I met Zig in 1995 in Washington, D.C. at a big meeting of the National Speakers Association. I was living in Richmond, Va. at the time, and an NSA member invited me to the banquet and speeches. He made sure to introduce me to Zig.

Back in the 1970s I read and owned a copy of See You At the Top and to this day I remember the advice in the front of the book: "You can get everything in life you want if you will just help other people get what they want!”

Zig had a wonderful career and helped tens of thousands of people. He was a true giver.

There is a fine article in today's Washington Post about Zig. You'll have to create a free account there, if you have not read the Post online before.

The image here is from Zig's Facebook page and is used with permission.

No comments: