Monday, November 1, 2010

Tuesday, Nov. 2. VOTE!

On Tuesday, November 2, be sure to vote.

There is no excuse for not voting. If you are not registered to vote, shame on you!

If you want to vote for the best man in the McHenry County Sheriff's race, vote for Gus Philpott. OK, I'm done being bashful, shy, reserved, quiet. Vote for me! And get on the phone and call five neighbors, friends, co-workers, McHenry County relatives - and ask them to vote for me.

Your choice for sheriff? If you want a guy with a cop mentality, you've got two choices. If you want someone who thinks first like a citizen and second as a cop, then vote for me.

If you want a sheriff who won't trample your rights to own, possess and carry a gun, vote for me. I will work hard to influence legislation to allow concealed carry in Illinois.

I won't stand in front of you and say, "I support the concept of the right to carry concealed." Those are Keith Nygren's words. He did not say that he supports the right to carry concealed.

I didn't mince any words at the League of Women Voters' forum, and I won't mince them here. I don't support the "concept" of concealed carry. I support your RIGHT to carry concealed. Except the legislators and many sheriff's in Illinois, do not. For example, Jack Franks does not. And Keith Nygren has never said that he does. Supporting the "concept of" and the "right to" are two entirely different things.

So, one final time. Vote for Gus Philpott for Sheriff of McHenry County. I thank you for your vote and for your time to go to the polls and vote.

4 comments:

Notawannabee said...

Since it is now Election Day, when are you going to divulge more information on this RUMORED $75.00 Warrant Bounty?

Here's another of these, a person emailed me, or SOMEONE told me myths that drift off into Neverland, never to be answered.

I think we still are waiting for the law that prevents fire truck from having their red lights on or the laws preventing showing respect to military,

Throughout this election year, you have spouted lies and made up rumors. Come clean Sheriff Gus...

BTW I'll be at the victory party tonight and it won't be anywhere near you.

yagottabekidding said...

I believe that since concealed carry of a weapon is still illegal in Illinois about all you could support would be the 'concept' of concealed carry. You cannot support the right to carry if we do not have it.

Gus said...

If you read the statute, which can be found through the Illinois State Police website, there IS a way to carry a concealed weapon legally in Illinois. The cops don't like it, and the State's Attorneys don't like it, but the law is clear and permits it, if the statute is carefully followed.

yagottabekidding said...

Are you sure enough of that to carry? I thought not. Not the same thing.