Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Pause this day and give thanks for all you have - no matter how great or small. Be thankful for all the gifts you have received this year. They have come in many forms.

The most previous gifts are those of the heart, not of the wallet. Be aware of those around you and do what you can to help another.

Yesterday I shared with a friend about a conversation about 15 years ago in Richmond, Virginia. A minister whose church had a very poor congregation and I were visiting, and I expressed my willingness to do what I could to help.

I knew that, even if I had nothing, I still had everything, because I had hope. And I knew that many in his congregation, when they had nothing, knew that had nothing. They didn't have hope.

Be thankful for all that you have, and reach out and help another - today and every day.

No comments: