Saturday, December 21, 2013

Distracted Driving 101

A reader spotted this on Facebook and sent it to me.

How true! No wonder the legislators decided to exempt police officers, when they wrote the law about being distracted by electronic devices while driving.

How many distractions are there?

In-car computer
In-car dashcam
Police radio
Department cell phone
Personal cell phone
Switches or buttons to activate emergency lights and siren
Button to choose which siren tone to select
Button to choose which combination of emergency lights and/or alley lights
Spotlight
Cupholder

Where does the driver put his donut???

2 comments:

James said...

"Where does the driver put his donuts?"

In his mouth of course!

With all the pretty patterns to choose and play with on those lights they are no longer emergency lights but decorations.

Dave Labuz said...

I pay very close attention to those drivers around me.

And particularly in the AM? Well more than half of those around me are either on their phones, and/or are checking emails and texting.

Have witnessed a lady eating a bowl of Cheerios (with milk and spoon) over 20 miles and 20 minutes, to a guy who'd apparently found a way to securely mount and I-pad to his steering wheel for surfing and email convenience!

WTF!

If someone every plows into me? And the situation is not rectified to my satisfaction? I'll damn well require phone and wireless records from them pre-and-post-crash.