Friday, September 7, 2012

8:30AM "I pledge allegiance to ..."

In Annapolis, Md., there is a restaurant by the name of Chick & Ruth's Delly. When I first heard the name, I thought I heard Chicken Ruth's. I never would have found it.

Every weekday morning at 8:30AM an announcement is made to stand up, face the flag and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. What a terrific tradition. (Week-ends, a little later...)

We could use a little of that in Woodstock, don't you think? What if, for example, at 3 Brothers or at Angelo's, assuming there is even a flag there, a member of the staff made such an announcement? Hats would come off, diners would stand, conversation would stop, and the Pledge would be said.

I vote for that. Anyone else?

And let's not forget the Woodstock City Council. Why not start Council meetings with the Pledge?

Any takers?

No comments: