Saturday, July 2, 2011

I-Pass advice

An announcement email from the Illinois Tollway informed me that each year I-Pass customers are issued over 700,000 violations. Hard to believe; right?

How can you avoid a violation?

Check your account online at http://www.illinoistollway.com/

Be sure your license plate is correctly entered.
Be sure all your vehicles are registered.
Keep enough money in your account. You can add less than $40, if you manually replenish your account (rather than waiting for the Tollway to zing your credit card for $40.)
Update your credit card information.
Keep your name and address current.

2 comments:

bill Matteson said...

Then after you do all that you still become a victim of the Toll Way system
their cameras don't always work. some to most windshields reflect the I-PASS signal, but the camera will still take your picture.
a year later I get a notice my drivers license will be suspended if I don't pay the 600 to 700 dollars in fines. sure I went to the main office and straightened it all out . but that takes time. the second time I canceled my I-PASS for this reason.
OH YEAH, ROD SOLD THE COLLECTION PORTION OF THE TOLLWAY TO A TEXAS OUTFIT. HOWS THAT FOR PUTTING LOCAL PEOPLE OUT OF WORK.

Justin said...

Unless you drive everyday it is a waste of money. ($.80 cents versus $.40 cents) To go to O'Hare is $1.60 each way.($3.20)if you get on at Rte 47. So a round trip saves $1.60 using I=Pass. For the five or six times I go to Chicago I'll pay the extra $.40 cents or avoid the tollway altogther.

The IlLinois Tollway PUNISHES people for not having I-Pass. During night shifts they only have one cash box lane open. The other day I had to go to O'Hare and the toll booth had 15 cars ahead of me. Why not have a exact change lane?

What ever happened to the Tollway being paid for and being free?