Monday, July 20, 2009

Looking for a job?

I’m so glad that I’m out of corporate America. I have no idea how businesses can afford to stay in business these days.

What brings forth these thoughts today?

I just read the Job Description for the open position at the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce. You’ll find it at www.woodstockilchamber.com/JD

Don’t get tired of reading before you get all the way to the bottom of the page. Here’s what you’ll find:

Physical Capacities
 Intermittent sitting standing, walking
 Bending, stooping, climbing
 Lifting 25 lbs; pushing, pulling 100 lbs
 Reaching, handling, fingering, feeling
 Vision: near/far
 Speaking, hearing

You can always tell when corporate types have been to the latest HR seminars. You know the one – “How to Advertise Your Next Job 101”.

I’m afraid to comment on those “Capacities”. (When I first glanced at the word, I thought I read Capabilities. I guess I should have gone to that seminar.)

No comments: