Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Good deed of the day

My thanks to the driver of a car who stopped alongside me this morning to let me know that the left brake light on the bug was not working.

I was able to sneak to MCC and back to Woodstock and into DeCraene's without getting stopped. I certainly did not want a $75 ticket for a burned-out brake light.

Brake lights are hard to check by yourself, but that's no excuse. In the past I have often backed into parking spaces, so that I could see the brake lights in a glass store-front window or reflected in the glass in a door. I've been keeping an eye on headlights (of course), roadlamps, turn signals and fender marker lights, but I hadn't been so careful about checking brake lights every day.

So, my friend, you probably saved me $75, and I'll be glad to buy you lunch at 3 Brothers. I'll spare you the heat from some who will read this, and I won't post your license plate number. I do thank you. If you read this, let me know.

1 comment:

Laura said...

last time someone informed me that one of my brake lights was out, it was one of woodstock's finest... he did not issue me a ticket, just a verbal warning. feel lucky i escaped a $75 fine.