Monday, February 2, 2009

Drivers who shouldn't


There are some drivers on the road who just shouldn't have licenses. My pet peeves are tailgaters and those who stop unnecessarily, when they hear a siren. The lady (errr, woman) driving this car won the prize today!

I first noticed her behind me in Crystal Lake, where the two westbound lanes narrow to one just west of Route 176. She was so close behind me that I could not see her front license plate in my rearview mirror. And that's close!

The speed limit there is 35MPH, and she was itching to pass. The heck with the fact that it's a no-passing zone and that there was heavy eastbound traffic.

Then she about ran over me at the 40MPH sign just west of the traffic light at South Ridgefield Road. She was leaning hard against the driver's door, as it that was going to help her see over or around my little car.

Once we got to the 50MPH zone, she backed off just a little but then came up very close behind me at the light by MCC. And that's where I was able to read her license plate, just in case she hit me and took off. Illinois license - A75 6984, on a grey Ford SUV (Expedition?). I mean, how much time was she going to save by riding my bumper???

When the roadway opened up to four lanes near Culver's, around me she went! And then back into the right-hand for a right turn onto Lake Avenue.

There was a paramedic vehicle eastbound on Lake Avenue with lights and siren operating. It was on the other side of the median on Lake Avenue at U.S. 14. It was going to turn left toward the hospital. It was not on "our" side of the median, moving against traffic! And so what does this woman do?

Right in the middle of the right-turn lane from Hwy. 14 to Lake Avenue, she stopped. Not just pulled over to the right and slowed down, but she stopped dead in the roadway.

Dumb! Stupid!

The only time you have to stop for an emergency vehicle is when it is necessary to allow it to pass safely. And where do I catch up with her again? At the red light at Lake Avenue and Route 47. I thought she was going to run the red light, but she didn't. Well, at least she did one thing right.

10 comments:

find the owners manual you fool said...

Does purposely annoying the driver behind you count as aggressive driving? It should. How about being so busy watching the driver behind you contributing to inattentive driving? Can't wait 'til your first ticket is in the paper.

Gus said...

Well, at least the $100 Bounty expired without any takers. When I first heard about it, I laughed. After a while, though, I got mad. Only $100??? I'm worth more than that!

Ashy Larry said...

Im telling ya, its those big cars and mini van mamas you need to watch out! They think cause their car bigger than yours they can run you over. Crazy peeps.

Gus said...

It seems like, the bigger the car, the bigger the bully. Even the mama behind the wheel, yakking on her cell phone, eating her Big Mac, putting on her make-up, yelling at the kids... and in such a big hurry to get to the next red light.

find the owners manual you fool said...

Maybe it didn't really expire. Me, I'm waiting 'til its $100.00 an ear.

Gus said...

...you fool, some would say that sounds like a threat. Maybe I should be alarmed and disturbed and feel that my peace has been breached. You know what that means, as soon as I publish your name; right?

Unknown said...

hahaha, i dont what world you come from, but that is no where near a threat. i like how you threat to get peoples personal information but yet you just seem to never get it. maybe your comment breaches his peace.

Gus said...

Come on, ace. You know from your job what a threat is. $100 for an ear? That's not a threat? You know where to find the statutes on Disorderly Conduct and Cyberstalking.

find the owners manual you fool said...

Sorry about the $100.00 bucks an ear comment. I was really hoping for $50.00 per toe.

Unknown said...

Yes I know what the statutes on Disorderly Conduct and Cyberstalking are, and you fit the profile.

And so how do you know what my job is if you even know?