Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Flooding Lawsuit Against Woodstock

Just yesterday I spoke with a long-time Woodstock resident who suffered a MAJOR flooding loss back in August. Imagine my surprise when I learned she did not know of the class-action lawsuit in this matter. That made me wonder how many others suffered losses and don't know about this lawsuit.

A lawsuit was filed against the City of Woodstock by certain people who suffered major losses in the "flooding event" of August.

Where is that case now?

Judge Michael Caldwell drew the short straw and it's in his court. The lawyers are all busy doing their lawyering, and the current status is that Motions have been filed and decisions are awaited.

If I were a judge, I'd probably try to do things differently. Wouldn't it be a lark to give each case 45 minutes?

To the plaintiff: "You've got 15 minutes."
To the defendant: "You've got 15 minutes."
"Then I get 15 minutes."

Then everyone could head down to the bar (the other bar) and celebrate (or drown their sorrows).

Now to find out from Judge Caldwell's court when decisions on the Motions are scheduled...

2 comments:

La tee da said...

Is is the same Caldwell that used to be the City attorney?

Gus said...

I don't know the answer to your question. I don't know if judges' bios are shown on the County's website. Could be. Becoming a judge is a logical step for some lawyers. Try co.mchenry.il.us