Saturday, February 22, 2014

Where are the Prim signs?

Read McHenry County Blog this morning about the stolen Prim-for-Sheriff signs.

Just yesterday a young man said to me, "I'm not seeing very many Prim signs."

Right! So what is happening to the signs? Surely, an opponent or his supporters wouldn't be stealing them. Would they?

I remember the 2010 election for Sheriff, when numerous signs of Democratic challenger Mike Mahon were vandalized. I passed one on Route 47 north of Huntley, stood it back up and called Mike to let him know to replace it.

I knew I hadn't damaged it, and I was sure that no one on Mike's campaign had damaged it. That left people in just one campaign...

Still want a Prim-for-Sheriff sign? Go to www.primforsheriff.org/ and click on "Get A Sign". Or show up Monday night at the Cary Public House, 208 W. Main St., Cary, between 6:30-8:30PM. $25.00 suggested donation covers "free" appetizers and soft drinks (no 1¢/oz. tax)

And remember the forum (debate! (I hope)) at MCC on Tuesday night, Feb. 25, at 7:00PM. You can probably pick up signs there, too.

No comments: