Monday, September 24, 2007

Bumper Sticker - BACK OFF

Three-four years ago I was visiting in Columbia, S.C. and spotted a great bumper sticker.

I had just walked out a Wal-Mart with my daughter, and we passed a woman who was placing groceries in her car. On the rear bumper was this sticker:

"BACK OFF! I Drive the Speed Limit."

I said to my daughter, “Watch this.”

Walking over to the woman, I asked, “Are you one of those people who drives the speed limit?”

She turned around, and I swear steam started to come out of her nostrils.

“Whoa! Wait a minute! So am I!” We had a great conversation and she mailed me some of the bumper stickers, which she had had made after being tailgated so many times in South Carolina.

It’s a different story here in Illinois. I’ve thought about pasting one on my car, but my red car is already enough of a target. With such a bumper sticker, it would be like having a bulls-eye on my trunk.

No comments: