Sunday, September 2, 2007

AboveAverageDriver.com

What can one person do about reckless drivers, speeders, those who pass illegally? Well, sometimes …. not much. And there are those other times….

For starters, how about filing reports on www.AboveAverageDriver.com? Go to that site, register, and start publicizing errant driving by the kooks around here. If enough people file reports, the same license plates will begin showing up multiple times.

You can even check to see if your own plate has been listed.

I’ve been participating for 3-4 years and I continued when the originator burned out and transferred operations to a man in one of the western ‘burbs of Chicagoland.

Today I was passed by a speeder who had followed me in on Greenwood Road toward Woodstock. At the stop sign at Charles Road, a westbound car on Route 120 got between her and me. She made up for lost ground, though, passing that car and me in the 55MPH no-passing zone between Charles Road and Thompson Road. Who was she? The driver of a dark blue minivan with Wisconsin plates, 488 LCL.

When I post on www.AboveAverageDriver.com I omit the space in license plate numbers. When searching for plates, try it both ways. Without any spaces and with spaces shown on plates.

Have fun. Don’t get mad; get even!

No comments: