Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Citizen Marshals - the time has come

I just happened to be in my car yesterday, hunting for a decent radio station, and came across Herman Cain's program. He was pitching his idea for a Citizen Marshal Initiative.

This is a great idea and one that should be immediately adopted. You can read all about it here.

It involves training, authority to carry, responsibility. Read it. There is no need for me to repeat what can be quickly read on Herman Cain's website.

Most importantly, a Citizen Marshal (CM)can carry anywhere and everywhere. A CM could not be prohibited from carrying on public transportation, at sporting events, in churches, etc.

I'd like to attend a Christmas dinner for NAMI at a local church tonight. I called the church and left a message for the head minister, asking for written permission to attend armed (concealed). Think I'll get a return call?

What if 4-5 people had been armed last week in San Bernardino when those two terrorists showed up?

The problem with carrying only some of the time is that, according to Murphy's Law, you won't have your firearm when you need it.

My loaded firearm is like a parachute. It's better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it.

Next time you go to ORD, take your packed parachute under your arm. (If your name is D. B. Cooper, don't do this.) Think they'll let you through Security? Call me from jail and let me know.

No comments: