Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ill. Governor wrong on HB0183

Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn just proved to millions that he is not competent to lead this State. In a scheduled press conference this morning in his Chicago office, Quinn issued an amendatory veto of HB0183, the concealed carry bill passed by both the Illinois House and the Illinois Senate.

I thought the choir would break out into song with Amens and Praise the Lord, but they didn't. Quinn surrounded himself with members of the Moms Demand Action group, the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence, the Illinois State Police (ISP), and Father Pfleger and other ministers.

ISP Director Hiram Grau and his troopers had to be there, of course. I wonder where they found Grau. Somebody should get that man in a corner and do some tailoring of his uniform. I was reminded of an actor in a World War II movie! I suspect Quinn told him what to say, after reminding him who his boss is. What a pitiful display of obedience.

Quinn rambled on and on about the NRA and "common sense." He kept digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Quinn announced a new website at www.KeepIllinoisSafe.org  You can read his points there. Unfortunately, he didn't provide any opportunity for feedback. What a chicken! Time to call his office - again.

Call your State Senators and State Representatives now and tell them to over-ride Quinn's veto. They will likely vote to over-ride on Monday, July 8.

And if you want to unload on the governor, call his Chicago office at 312.814.2121. I just did!

3 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Gus, you just now realized that he's an idiot ? There's a reason he's called Gov. Potato Head. He HAS to surround himself with the likes of Father Phoney, moms Against Whatever and Hiram Grau. They are the only people left in the entire state that can't or don't see what a goof he is

Big Daddy said...

Gus, it's a scam. I just called the Gov. office and voiced my displeaure with his veto of the bill. They thanked me for my call and would record my displeasure. They did not however ask me for my name or even if I am a resident of Illinois!

Dave Labuz said...

And don't forget -

"Father Flake-y".

He & the "Reverend" Jackson had come out to Barrington with inner-city bussed-in "protesters" to protest a local arms manufacturer, whose products, "contribute to gun violence (in Chicago)".

Gee - just one small problem! Their products are available only to military buyers, and are NOT available on the streets or to private buyers!

Did THAT fact make it into ANY news reports?

Not really.