Thursday, July 11, 2013

Harrison challenges Prim in D.P. PD abuse case

The following press release was received from Jim Harrison, who will be running as an Independent candidate for Sheriff of McHenry County in the November 2014 General Election. Bill Prim will be a Republican candidate for Sheriff in the March 2014 Primary Election and expects to face current Undersheriff Andy Zinke in that contest.


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:                                                                               July 11, 2013
Citizens to Elect Jim Harrison Sheriff of McHenry County                                 
Post Office Box 10
Ringwood, IL 60072

PHONE: 815-575-4001
Contact: Jim Harrison

INVITATION TO BILL PRIM

Dear Bill,

On July 8, 2013, I disclosed an arbitration ruling that ties you to the police beatings in the Des Plaines police department.  I have stated and I maintain that your record of failed supervision over use of force incidents in the Des Plaines police department renders you unfit for the Office of Sheriff.  You have claimed that I “concocted an entire ‘fairy tale’ based on arbitrator’s ruling in a union grievance.”  You called the contents of these disclosures “frivolous” and “utterly baseless.”  Apparently, you and I define these terms very differently.

I can assure you that I do not consider abuses of power by the police, excessive force used against arrestees, and the beating of a handcuffed citizen to be “frivolous?”  Moreover, I consider a supervisor’s failure to take action to remedy these constitutional violations to be even worse! 
The People of McHenry County have a right to know what information you knew concerning these matters, when you knew it, and what you did or failed to do about it.  The statement that you released on Monday failed to address several important facts pertaining to your knowledge and involvement in the John Bueno matters.  Therefore, I invite you to join me and to present your documentation, if any, and your side of the story in a suitable public forum.  I too will bring my investigation file so as to avoid allegations of making “utterly baseless” claims.  My committee has reached out to the Joe Walsh Show on W.I.N.D. radio as a possible forum for such a discussion; we are awaiting a reply.  I know that Joe Walsh is a declared supporter of yours, so having this type of open public discussion on his radio show would certainly offer you a friendly forum in which to present your position.

I believe these revelations concerning the excessive use of force incidents in Des Plaines and your personal involvement in these matters, are important matters of public concern, and I offer the opportunity to publicly discuss these matters with you.  Let’s help the People of McHenry County become informed on this issue; after all, they are the ones who have to elect a new Sheriff.  I await your response.

Jim Harrison
Independent Candidate for McHenry County Sheriff



Citizens to Elect James T. (Jim) Harrison Sheriff of McHenry County
P.O. Box 10
Ringwood, IL 60072

A copy of our report filed with the State Board of Elections is (or will be) available on the Board’s official website (www.elections.il.gov) or for purchase from the State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.  (Paid for by Citizens to Elect James T. (Jim) Harrison Sheriff of McHenry County).

3 comments:

Curious1 said...

Wow...I was wondering how Harrison would respond to Prim saying the ruling was a fairy tale he made up and that discussing incidents of police brutality was frivolous as that is how I read Prim's response also. Harrison must be pretty confident in his facts to give Prim such a massive home court advantage to discuss publicly. I wonder if Harrison's family will be the next target for Prim's supporters?

Maverick50 said...

To make this short and simple, who do you trust a COP or a LAWYER?

It will all come down to one thing... TRUST!

Big Daddy said...

I would trust a cop over a lawyer anyday. But thats me.