Tuesday, March 13, 2012

2 answers = 2-day cruise?

How come I didn't believe "John" when he just called to tell me that I had been "carefully selected" to be called for answers to two political questions and, for that, I would receive a 2-day cruise to the Bahamas.

Maybe I should have at least listened to the two questions. But then there would have been the sales pitch that I just needed to provide my credit card number, bank account number, Social Security Number, and copies of my driver's license and Passport to receive the "free" cruise and probably purchase my airline on Scareways Unified immediately.

Sorry, John; no deal.

I wonder how many others in the 815 Area Code were "carefully selected".

7 comments:

Cal Skinner said...

I was.

Probably just bloggers selected at random.

Dave Labuz said...

Not a week has gone by in the last 6 months when I have not received this pitch by either mail or telephone.

To be a "legitimate" phony political poll, they usually request a donation, and NOT offer a 2 day cruise.

And if a "legitimate" phony poll? If they don't yet know how we all feel, and what it is they SHOULD be doing about it, then they REALLY don't deserve a donation!

But then, there ARE the stupid among us.....

M.U.G. said...

All my bags are pacedk, I'm ready to go..... And now this news!

Anonymous said...

TMB received that call too. And many others over the last few weeks. ARGH!
Who wants to go on a crusie now anyways? There's mre crashes on the open seas then on Rt 120, 47, & 14 combined. And they got pirates too! DOH!

Debra said...

Time to update and make sure you are on the Do Not Call registry.
I have been getting a tone of these and other calls at the office. I wonder if the Do Not Call registry is no longer???? Weird.....

Gus said...

Excitement on cruises? You want to read about excitement?

Read these new thrillers by Ken Rossignol. Get 'em for your Kindle at amazon.com

The Privateer Clause
Return of the Sea Empress
Follow Titanic
Follow Triangle - Vanish

Anonymous said...

TMB has been on DNC List for over a year... I still get these calls. DNC does permit political and charity calls...