- Submit application prior to 37th birthday (waiver for qualified veterans)
- Be a U.S. citizen and a resident for at least the past three years
- Have a valid state driver’s license
- Pass a thorough background investigation, polygraph test, medical examination, fitness test and drug test
- Qualify for and carry a firearm
After taking the written test, I was invited to an oral interview. Two agents told me they just had one written. I had scored 99 on the 100-point written test, and they wanted to know which question I had missed! The test was a snap for me, because it was 50% law-enforcement questions and 50% using a mock language. I was a Russian language major and had studied Latin and German, so language tests were not hard for me.
Hmmm, I wonder what the fitness test involves...
OK, who wants to be a reference for me?