Thursday, January 15, 2015

New job soon

I had to give my daughter the sad news today that I intended to quit working in her office here in Columbia, South Carolina. I received an email this morning that the Border Patrol is hiring!

The requirements?
  • Submit application prior to 37th birthday (waiver for qualified veterans)
  • Be a U.S. citizen and a resident for at least the past three years
  • Have a valid state driver’s license
  • Pass a thorough background investigation, polygraph test, medical examination, fitness test and drug test
  • Qualify for and carry a firearm
I can meet all of those. I submitted an application when  I was 24.

After taking the written test, I was invited to an oral interview. Two agents told me they just had one written. I had scored 99 on the 100-point written test, and they wanted to know which question I had missed! The test was a snap for me, because it was 50% law-enforcement questions and 50% using a mock language. I was a Russian language major and had studied Latin and German, so language tests were not hard for me.

Hmmm, I wonder what the fitness test involves...

OK, who wants to be a reference for me?

No comments: