Friday, May 20, 2011

Remember Harvest Moon?

An article in last week's Northwest Herald reminded me of a fine restaurant that had been on the Woodstock Square - Harvest Moon. Remember it? It was in the corner just up the block from Harris Bank.

Rob Macey, former co-owner and chef with his wife, Kim, has been struck with a catastrophic illness and huge medical bills. A benefit is scheduled for tomorrow night, Saturday, May 21, 5:00-9:00PM in Barrington. Why not take a hike tomorrow and show up? Here's where:

Ambrosia Euro American Patisserie
710 West Northwest Highway
Barrington

I met Rob and Kim, because their restaurant's phone number was one digit off from mine. The English script for the one (1) in their phone number looked like the seven (7) in my phone number. I received many phone calls for their restaurant. If I answered, I just gave the caller the correct number. If I wasn't home, many callers left messages with reservations, and I'd call Kim and relay them.

After Rob and Kim sold Harvest Moon, the name changed and it stayed in business for a while, and then it closed. That corner needs a good restaurant with good food and reasonable prices. High rent and taxes probably will keep it vacant for some time.

No comments: