Thursday, December 22, 2011

What's up with gas prices?

Anyone else irritated with gas prices?

I needed gas last night as I drove to Cary for a meeting. On the way back I noticed that gas prices seemed to be way up.

Arriving back in Woodstock I passed the Marathon station at Lake Avenue and Route 47, where the price for Regular was $3.39.

I recalled that the Citgo price was $3.11 when I was leaving town, and I held my breath. Whew! It was still $3.11.

A woman at another pump there told me she had just driven by the Mobil station on Route 47, south of U.S. 14, and she thought the price there was $2.97, but she wasn't sure if that was the "carwash" price.

Got the GasBuddy.com app on your SmartPhone yet? Think about it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still driv'n that gus-guzzling red Bug?
I thought you switched over to clean, nuclear power? Doh.

Anonymous said...

Cheeseland has been cheaper... when it was $3.39 in the Land of Corruption... oops, meant Lincoln; over da border it's been $3.05 to $3.13.
Probably due to taxes.
Also, the Shell just off I43 in East Troy is peddling fuel with No Ethanol.. 100% gasolineomundo. The rustbucket runs awfully good on the real thing! DOH!