Wednesday, February 6, 2008

County Offices to be Closed???

What in the world do we have for County Government officials? This morning’s Northwest Herald carried an article that a decision was made yesterday to close County offices today (Wednesday) because of the weather forecast. Whatever happened to employees leaving early to arrive at work on time, or making whatever effort was necessary to get to work, even if late?

People who live in areas that normally experience winter weather need to be prepared physically and mentally to drive their cars in inclement weather and to have their vehicles equipped and serviced, so that they can be operated safely in snow. Is that asking too much? Well, maybe it is.

When I don’t work, I don’t get paid.

Maybe all employees should be treated the same way. If an employee wants to take a Snow Day, then s/he can do so – without pay. Then we’d see how many employees make it in to work!

What will employees do on their weather-related day off? How many will head to Wilmot for skiing? Oh, the roads were really bad. Really?

And how many will make it out to Bennigan’s on the far side of Crystal Lake for lunch? Or to the mall for shopping?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure YOU will be out driving around today Gus. Probably on your way to lodge some complaint with the County (or are you too busy with City of Woodstock)? Too bad that everyone will be driving slowly or in the ditch-nobody to waste law enforcements time on at your behest.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should be out shoveling sidewalks. Your arms would be too tired to type out your drivel. BTW I got covered with snow by a city plow today as I was shoveling my sidewalks. Help me Gus they didn't read where you said they should be driving slowly.

Anonymous said...

(Holding hand over heart)
"Look out Elizabeth
I'm comin', this Gus guy is too much!"

Anonymous said...

So the Ciunty wimps got the day off ... I went by City Hall to pay a water bill and noticed that it was opne all day. I alos noticed a crate and barrel truck unloading furniture yesterday ... it looked oike a couple of leather soffas being carried in over on Throop Street. Must be a lot of extra cash up there to furnish the employee's break room ... if I had that kind of furniture in my oliving room, I go to work too and not take a snow day. Robby M.

Anonymous said...

Two words: spell check.

Anonymous said...

Nothing is as it seems.