Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Should whistleblowers be arrested?

Recently the arrest of a Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent in Colorado came to my attention. I invite you to read about this and decide whether you might kick in a few dollars (or many) to help with his legal defense.

Cory Voorhis was a U.S. Border Patrol agent for four years. I’m sympathetic to his story, because I considered the Border Patrol when I was a college senior in Iowa. I took the written test and, when I showed up for the oral interview, the two agents told me they had just one question for me: “Where did I miss that one question on the test?”

I had scored 99% on the written test. Actually, it was a snap for me because I was a Russian language major in college and was working as a part-time police officer in the small Iowa town where the college was located.

Cory’s story can be read at www.corylegaldefense.com/

I know the Denver law firm which is representing Cory. When I lived in Denver, a number of my life insurance clients were also clients of that law firm. It is one of the top law firms in Denver.

Please consider making a contribution (non tax-deductible) to his legal defense via the PayPal link on that website.

No comments: