Tuesday, February 16, 2016

IRS Form 1095-B - Grrrr

Have you taken a look yet at IRS Form 1095-B, your obligatory Health Coverage reporting form to be included with your 2015 Federal income tax return?

Here's one more example of intrusive reporting. You have to 'fess up if you don't have health insurance. In other words, pay the piper if you have decided to self-insure. Or if you just cannot afford health insurance.

There have been many times since 1981 that I did not have any health insurance at all. Most of those times it was because I was under-employed, unemployed or employed as a temp. How did I avoid the need for health insurance? I didn't get sick. Imagine that. What a concept. Sure, so you can say, "What if you had gotten sick." Well, I didn't. I couldn't afford to, so I didn't.

Fortunately now, thanks to the number of birthdays I have racked up and also thanks to being a veteran, I do have health insurance. If I didn't, I'd just make a photocopy of my left hand in the "Zinke pose" and send it in to IRS.

Here's an example of the stupidity of the Federal government's IRS. Maybe this one came about from that woman who sat in the hot seat at the top for a while and then bailed out - and Obama let her.

"Lines 2 and 3. Line 2 reports your social security number (SSN) or other taxpayer identification number (TIN), if applicable. For your protection, this form may show only the last four digits..."

Now isn't that stupid? This Form is to be submitted with your tax return, which includes your full SSN. Why are the words wasted to tell you that you don't have to put your full SSN on this form? Some stupid bureaucrat probably is among the thousands in Federal Government earning more than $100,000/year and justified his existence by his (or her) contribution of this stupid wording.

Do I sound a little hot under the collar? Maybe a little angry?

I want LESS government. Anyone with me on this?

No comments: