Monday, April 9, 2018

Finding Beth Bentley - GPR?

Has anyone heard more about the State Police investigation of unidentified remains found near Mt. Vernon? Results could take a while, but ...

My FOIA Request for the location where the remains were found was denied by the Illinois State Police, as I expected it would be. I considered filing a Request for Review with the Public Access Counselor in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General, but I decided not to. There are plenty of people closer who could inquire, but I don't know of anyone else, outside of law enforcement, who is interested enough to invest some time.

A week or so ago I read a news article about a body that was found in the U.S. after 30-40 years, using Ground-Penetration Radar (GPR).

How helpful could it be, if it turns out that the remains found by the State Police are not Beth?

I can think of two places in Woodstock and two in McHenry that ought to be searched with GPR.

If you know anything about GPR, please get in touch.

No comments: