Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Zane 41-32. Read it.

Take a look at these comments, written by Cal Skinner today on the McHenry County Blog:

"Seipler took my precinct 41-32, not counting the electronic, early and absentee ballots.

"It is conceivable a similar message could have worked countywide had the challenger had sufficient money and manpower to deliver it.

"What it means to me is that the veteran sheriff is not on as solid ground as he and his supporters probably think they are."

Maybe if Zane had had $123,000 (or just $35,-40,000) in the bank to buy mailers, door hangers, newspaper and billboard advertising, and robocalls, he would have carried the County, as he did Cal's precinct.

Very impressive.

See the full article at www.mchenrycountyblog.com

7 comments:

Franker said...

Do you really think a total of only 73 votes in this precinct is a good picture of how voters feel? C'mon gus, he lost! Nothing more, nothing less! And like you said that is not counting electronic, early, and absentee ballots.

Franker said...

To be honest, I saw a LOT more Zane signs. They were also much larger including a billboard? Don't give me anything about his funds or lack thereof...I did not receive one thing from Nygren. I know the sheriff has more coin than Zane but to be truthful, going into the primaries it looked like Zane had more at his disposal.

Gus said...

I think Zane spent about $6,000 on his campaign and that the sheriff spent $35,-40,000 out of the $120,000+ in his warchest.

Anonymous said...

As I said in an earlier post, Zane got smoked. Period. No experience, no name recog, and getting fired for TWO indiscretions is not the mark of a Sheriff. That said, the people who aren't affected by negative police issues are going to vote for the incumbant.
Quit trying to make Zane out for more than he is (political loser). He lost fair & square.
Now as for you Buster... if Mahon doesn't win in Nov, you'd better be at the top or TMB's gonna come to town look'n for ya... punk. DOH!

Gus said...

Hey, listen up, Bulldog. You just come lookin', okay?

I've got to know how broad your shoulders are, so that I know whether to order General's stars or a Colonel's leaf for your new uniform!

I'm hoping you have a short name, so that I don't have to order those oversize Certificates of Award. Just trying to save the taxpayers some money, don't you know?

Anonymous said...

I'm fat & ugly. Clean-shaven though, and have been told by the ladies I smell nice. My shoulders ARE wide... I wear a 54 jacket. If I cut out all my beer drink'n I'd probably shrink down to a 52! My "real" name is medium-sized in length... so the taxpayers won't get creamed too bad.
As I've said in earlier posts, I would be happy with a Colonel title... as long as I get to fire the weapons! DOH!

Gus said...

Wait 'til you see the cannon that I've ordered for MARV. The open end of the barrel goes inside; right?