Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Punx. Phil sees shadow!

Thanks for the miracle of technology, the "instant" notification that Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow in Pennsylvania at 7:07AM local time (there), I received the text message almost 2 1/2 hours later.

How silly of me to think that Phil's bunkmate would be poised over a pre-written message, ready to lower his furry little paw to the Send key about a minute later. Or maybe sending out 30,-40,000 text messages takes 2 1/2 hours...

What about Woodstock Willie? Maybe I could have gone six blocks this morning to watch, but I didn't.

1 comment:

Gus said...

The Northwest Herald announced in 30 minutes that Willie did not see his shadow. Actually, I could tell that from a side window, so I didn't bother to scrape the snow off the Beetle and head for the Square.

So, an early spring? We'll see about that.