Tuesday, June 19, 2007

$3.07 or $3.23???

How come we are still getting ripped off on gas prices in Woodstock? Check www.gasbuddy.com for prices. $3.23/gal. is the lowest right now in Woodstock.

But in Crystal Lake? $3.15/gal. all up and down US 14 right through Crystal Lake.

And, at the corner of IL 31 and IL 62 in Algonquin? How about $3.07/gallon?

Tonight I bought a little gas at Jewel Express and, after paying outside and pumping, went inside for the manager's name and phone number. I complained to the girl behind the counter (like she could do something about it; right?) and told her and the other customers that we are getting ripped off in Woodstock.

It wasn't long ago that gas prices in Woodstock were usually less than in Crystal Lake. No longer!

Check out www.gasbuddy.com regularly. Right now $3.04 all up and down Randall Road in Algonquin.

2 comments:

Gus said...

You may have noticed that Jewel Express dropped its price for regular unleaded to $3.07, which is only $.04/gal. higher than Algonquin. I received three contacts from Jewel in response to my emailed complaint. Basically, the reason was higher fuel transportation charges to come all the way out to little ol' Woodstock. I replied that I didn't buy that excuse. And within days the price dropped from $3.23 to $3.07/gal.

pryan67 said...

I've often wondered about this myself. The taxes are the same. The cost for transportation is effectively the same. Could it be that the station owners here in town are gouging? Heaven forfend.