Tuesday, August 18, 2015

What says the Commander-in-Defeat?

Click to enlarge
Last week I directed a friend to a military recruiting office.

Yesterday I learned the office is closed.

Today I went there, to offer my help in protecting those who serve and whom the POTUS refuses to allow to protect themselves.

What did I find? The office is closed. A sign on the door read, "Due to an increase in security posture, this office will remain locked at all times. Please knock and someone will be right with you."

So I knocked. Then I knocked again. No one came to the door. Even they had, I guess they couldn't have gotten out or I in, since the order is that the office "will remain locked at all times." But maybe my first clues were that there were no cars were in the parking lot and the lights were off.

I wondered who the idiot was who authorized the wording on the sign. "posture?"

The military recruits civilians to become soldiers, airmen, seamen, Marines. The military trains them. Part of the training includes firearms training. And then the military disarms them! Dumb!

Obama wasn't the first to disarm them. Wasn't it Bill Clinton (our "I did not have sex with that woman" president) who first forbade soldiers to bear arms? Let's see, "bear arms". Seems like that is in the U.S. Constitution. Isn't it? Isn't it still there, despite the attempts of the idiots to make it otherwise?

I guess there is little sense in standing guard outside a vacant office.

What is wrong with this country? Obama, supposedly the Commander-in-Chief (oh, yeah; the "latte" Commander), ought to be leading the charge through Congress to change the law. Or just "order" his military commanders to authorize service members to carry firearms at all times. On duty. Off duty. On base. Off base.

Is there not one General right under Obama's nose who will stand up and tell him he is wrong?

In case your old, tired eyes cannot read The Soldier's Creed, it is

"I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values.
I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my Warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier."

My guess is that Obama has never read the Creed.

No comments: